Nick Nelson is a very experienced tutor who began teaching History of Art A Level in 1995. He has taught the Oxford & Cambridge, London, AEB, Legacy AQA, CEA and new AQA Specifications and is au fait with the Pre-University course also. Nick has tutored individual students from a number of the major public schools in England.
Nick has tutored privately in London, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Oxfordshire for a number of years, in addition to working annually at Mander Portman Woodward (MPW) in London.
With AQA Specification being the most widely taught course in schools at present, Nick is an A-Level examiner and has taught the following Modules or topics:
- Visual Analysis & Interpretation
- Themes in the History of Art
- 1 Art and Architecture in Fifteenth-century Europe
- 2 Art and Architecture in Seventeenth-century Europe
- 3 Art and Architecture in Nineteenth-century Europe
- 4 Art and Architecture in Europe and the United States of America 1946 – 2000
- 1 Art and Architecture in Thirteenth and Fourteenth-century Europe
- 2 Art and Architecture in Sixteenth-century Europe
- 3 Art and Architecture in Eighteenth-century Europe
- 4 Art and Architecture in Europe and the United States of America 1900 – 1945
Nick is an examiner for the current AQA GCE A Level Specification for History of Art, Papers HART 1 & HART 2 (AS).
For further information on private tutoring offered by Nick Nelson please see:
For Inquiries please use the form below